Monday, July 20, 2020

Xwavy - Call Me


Xwavy – Call Me

Summer jam ‘Call Me’ shows of bouncy side of Canadian artist Xwavy 

EDMONTON, CANADA – The hot new single from Canadian Hip Hop artist Xwavy is the perfect song to illustrate his unique sound and style. “Call Me” is literally, as his name describes: WAVY. The fast-paced auto-tune sound is bouncy in ways that will make it impossible for listeners to avoid getting up on their feet and moving to the music. It’s the perfect kind of summer jam, and it’s set to put this up-and-coming young artist on the map. 

Hailing from Edmonton, Canada, Darius Clarke – AKA Xwavy – is the kind of artist whose unique perspective and myriad of life experiences have helped to create a truly original sound. Born in Liberia, this half-Nigerian half-Liberian immigrant moved to Canada when he was 8 years old to escape civil war in the country. He grew up learning about music and first started rapping at age 17 when he was introduced to the recording process by a cousin who has a home studio in his basement. Five years later, Xwavy was making waves in the industry, signing his first contract deal with Wyse Artist Management. He soon after signed Wadley Saint-Juste as his personal manager, and over the past couple of years has been slowly building a fan following that spans the globe. 

“Call Me” is his most recent track and it is the kind of song that is guaranteed to turn heads and make people sit up and pay attention. Telling the story of a guy trying to get with a girl who is out of a toxic relationship, “Call Me” uses lyrics and situations that many others in the world have experienced throughout their lives. 

“She’s scared of moving on even though she wants to,” Xwavy said of the girl in the song. “So this guy keeps trying to get with her – calling and texting – but she keeps saying she’s stuck in the other relationship. It has a laid-back chill type of tone, kind of an R&B vibe but with a little bit of excitement to it. It’s relaxing without having too much hype.” 

Xwavy said he loved the process of discovery when writing the song – something that drives him when he writes all of these songs. He said he likes to experiment with a lot of different sounds and styles, and he has a great voice that can soar over verses while also exhibiting the ability to spit bars and show off a well-groomed flow. 

“I just like to experiment with different things and see where the creativity takes me,” he said. “Mostly, my favorite stuff is to create is Hip Hop and R&B. What I ultimately want people to get from my music is to know that through all their ups and downs, they can still make it. When I was growing up, there was so much stuff going on in my life. I had to go through a lot of things and I experienced things that other kids never had to. I got kicked out of school and then out of my parents’ house. Life was an up-and-down cycle for me. All the things going on in my life were wavy like a roller coaster – good then bad, then good then bad – just non-stop up and down. But that helped me learn and get to know myself, and I want my music to show that to other people. At the end of the day, life might be a roller coaster but if you stick firm and go through those bad times and good times, things will end up real and better.” 

To listen to Xwavy’s music or to follow him on social media, please visit: 

https://instagram.com/xx.xwavy6?igshid=1rr86kh5vpv 

“Call Me” 

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/xwavy/xwavy-call-me-offical-song 

No comments:

Post a Comment